UPDATE: We have completed hiring for the position below.
Although we are not hiring at the moment at Moon Curser Vineyards, if you wish to work for us you can send us your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com which we will keep on file for future hiring purposes.
Wine Smuggling Operations Coordinator
Moon Curser Vineyards is a small, family owned and operated Osoyoos East Bench winery that has been in operation since early 2004. The Moon Curser name pays tribute to the gold smuggling history of Osoyoos. Our wines, however, show no such respect for tradition – the winery is known for growing unusual varieties such as Tempranillo and Tannat, among others. The good ol’ smuggling days are long gone now, but this role continues to be very much about moving the goods – be it looking after the needs of our wine club members or overseeing the operations of our Osoyoos tasting room.
Why work for Moon Curser Vineyards?
Our owners left their previous careers because of the dream of winery life in the South Okanagan. To them, this meant starting a business they are passionate about, striving for a work-life balance and no need to wear suits. This is the atmosphere our team enjoys along with industry competitive compensation and reasonable work hours. Situated atop Osoyoos East Bench, panoramic views of our vineyards and Osoyoos Lake are enjoyed from the tasting room. It’s a pretty nice place to work. This is an exciting time to join our small team and contribute to our developing hospitality program.
We are looking for an energetic individual who can anticipate customer needs and deliver exceptional customer service. This is a permanent salaried position, based on 40 hours a week. Working hours are during the day, Monday to Friday, with some periodic needs for evening/weekend work. Reporting to the General Manager, this position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Handling and overseeing daily operations of Tasting Room, including supervision, training and motivating the team; daily sales cash outs, creating and updating documents needed in the Tasting Room, monitoring stock levels and arranging for wine shipments as needed, assisting with hiring and scheduling.
- Responsible for overall management and execution of the two Moon Curser wine clubs, assessing the related inventory needs, planning shipment schedules, assisting in wine club program development, goals, promotions, communications to members and events for members.
- Wine Club execution including inputting new members’ information into our database and providing impeccable, prompt and friendly customer service to our wine club members (this will include a lot of direct communications via email and phone due to the flexible nature of our wine club), handling and relaying/recording all feedback, preparing everything needed for the wine club packages, preparing all shipments and liaising with our shipping provider to ensure smooth delivery of shipments to our customers.
- Conducts Wine Club tours and special tastings as required and coordinates group bookings
- Preparation and shipping of all online, email and phone wine orders
- Updating our customer and product database and keeping website information current
- Maintaining accurate inventory records for our warehouses and performing monthly reconciliations
- Assisting with planning and execution of special events
- Preparing draft tech sheets, VQA and wine competition submissions
- Checking and paying invoices, following up on accounts receivables and liaising with our accountant.
- Fulfilling Tasting Room Associate duties as needed throughout the season and fully in the winter season (currently Nov 1 – March 31). See http://www.mooncurser.com/blog/Hiring for full details of expectations.
- General office and administrative tasks as needed
- Dealing with vendors and suppliers regarding pricing, quotes, orders
- Assisting General Manager and owners with other miscellaneous tasks as required
- In the future, the role will include overseeing customer needs and booking of our (currently under development) on-site vacation rental
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Top notch customer service skills and ability to anticipate customer needs where delivering service with warmth, passion and a lack of pretension is a priority
- Must be familiar with, and share our affection for, all things wine – formal wine education a definite asset
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Fluency in French – also an asset
- Professional and well organized, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Proficient with computers, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and Internet. Experience with Vin65 and/or Sales Litre preferred
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to lead and work in a team, as well as work independently
- Flexible nature with can do attitude
- Serving it Right Certificate
- Food Safe Certificate
- Must be able to, on occasion, work evenings and weekends
- At least 19 years of age
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the job. These include but are not limited to:
- repetitively lifting
- lifting up to 50lbs while navigating stairs or equipment
- sitting for extended periods of time
- occasionally required to stand for extended periods of time
How to apply:
If the above sounds like you, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Wine Smuggling Operations Coordinator" in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.