...here are a few reports and unconfirmed rumours from various sources. Some credible, others,... well.
Do you know the story behind our winery name? You might have seen our Spotify Moon Curser playlists in the past that are full of clues to help you figure it out. Now it's time for a Holiday version! Hard to believe it's possible but the man with the bag is known for smuggling gifts around the world at night.....
Our Moon Curser Holiday Mix playlist by Crystal Coverdale is now available on Spotify for your listening pleasure.
Note: you need a (free) Spotify account to listen.
and if you missed our non-holiday playlists:
Our Moon Curser #4 Mix playlist by Beata Tolley.
Moon Curser #3 Mix Spotify playlist by Beata Tolley
Moon Curser #2 Mix Spotify playlist by Beata Tolley
Moon Curser #1 Mix Spotify playlist by Beata Tolley
What makes these playlists Moon Curser-y, you say...? there's definitely a theme, and you will not have much trouble spotting it once you glance at the titles. If you don't quite know the history behind our winery name, the playlists should provide many a clue along with an eclectic selection of what we hope will become your favourites.
And if you’re still not sure after listening: here’s the whole tale of the Moon Curser name: About Moon Curser's name.
We’re always working on adding to the playlists; suggestions are great if anyone’s so inclined. Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 23rd to 25th, 2018 - Winery Open daily 10am-5pm
10% OFF ALL WINE & RETAIL ITEMS Thursday Nov. 22 – Sunday Nov. 25!!
Vertical Library Wine offers
All tasting fees donated to Osoyoos Gift Cupboard (also accepting donations of items for Osoyoos Gift Cupboard such as toiletries, scarves, gloves, toques, warm socks, stationary, etc.)
Christmas music, decor, holiday cheer and treats
Free gift wrapping with wine purchase
Gold pan gift baskets available
Tasting Room Associates
Moon Curser Vineyards is a small, family owned and operated winery located on the Osoyoos East Bench at the southernmost tip of British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley and we are hiring for our upcoming 2017 season!
Why work for Moon Curser Vineyards?
Our owners left their previous careers because of the dream of winery life in the South Okanagan. To them this meant starting a business they are passionate about, striving for a work-life balance and no need to wear suits. This is the atmosphere our team enjoys along with industry competitive compensation and reasonable work hours. Situated atop Osoyoos East Bench, panoramic views of our vineyards and Osoyoos Lake are enjoyed from the tasting room. It’s a pretty nice place to work. We are looking for a mix of Full & Part-Time seasonal positions to meld with our friendly team of long-term staff. This is an exciting time to join our team and contribute to our developing hospitality program.
Positions begin as early as the end of March and continue until October, with some potential into the winter season. We are looking for energetic individuals who love interacting with people. We like to share our wines with our visitors with warmth, passion and a lack of pretension in a welcoming, informal environment. Although we are informal, providing top notch customer service is key in our busy tasting room that is open 7 days a week.
- Educating visitors on our award-winning wines, wine club, events, and winery
- Warmly greeting guests and providing them with an exceptional and memorable tasting experience tailored to the guest’s knowledge level
- Handling transactions of wine and retail items
- Representing the winery at periodic off-site events/farmers markets
- Stocking shelves and tasting bar
- Keeping working areas clean, secure, organized and clutter free
- Maintaining the cleanliness of hospitality areas including the tasting room, restroom and walking areas
- Assisting with preparing and shipping orders
- Assisting with special events or guest house service if required
- Other tasks as required
- Prior experience in hospitality, retail or sales
- Basic knowledge of wine or a keen interest in wine
- Formal wine education is an asset
- Ability to work days, weekends/holidays and some evenings. A flexible schedule is an asset
- Second language is an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Comfort with computers (for our basic point of sale software)
- Serving it Right Certificate
- At least 19 years of age
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the job. These include but are not limited to:
- repetitively lifting
- lifting up to 50lbs while navigating stairs or equipment
- standing for extended periods of time
More About Moon Curser Vineyards:
The Moon Curser name pays tribute to the gold smuggling history of Osoyoos. Its wines, however, show no such respect for tradition – the winery is known for growing unusual old varieties such as Tempranillo and Tannat. They have brought home many a medal, including the prestigious Decanter World Wine Awards’ Trophy for Best Canadian Red for the 2009 Border Vines.
How to apply:
If the above sounds like you, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include "Tasting Room Associate" in the subject line and ensure to specify within your cover letter your availability and if you are looking for Part-Time or Full-Time.